If you are a smoker and interested in quitting, then you’ve come to the right place. Most ex-smokers attempt to quit an average of seven times before they actually succeeded. So if you’re feeling scared, or unsure, or just plain not ready, you are not alone!
- More people die of tobacco related illness every year than alcohol, AIDS, drug use, murder and suicide combined.
- A pack a day smoker spends approximately $3,000 on cigarettes every year.
- Women smokers have a harder time getting pregnant, and have more complications both during and after pregnancy.
- Smoking in men can lead to difficulty in achieving and maintaining an erection.
- Smokers believe that smoking relieves stress, but actually smoking is a stimulant that raises heart rate, blood pressure, and pulse.
- Smoking “light” or “low tar” cigarettes DOES NOT reduce your risk for tobacco related illness,
- Babies exposed to second hand smoke breathe in more smoke than adults because their lungs are smaller and work faster.